Ways to Give
Gifts of Cash: Most gifts to Regina High School are outright cash contributions, allowing donors to receive full tax benefits if they itemize deductions. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, EFT (electronic funds transfers), and online giving.
Gifts of Securities: A gift to Regina High School of appreciated securities, either publicly traded or from a private company, may provide greater tax advantages than gifts of cash. The donor can deduct the current fair market value as a charitable gift and completely avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation.
Planned Giving: Become a member of The Crown Society. As Regina High School continues to focus on the future of the school, we have developed a Planning Giving Program. Here are some planned giving options available for you and your financial planner to consider:
- Prepare a will leaving a specific dollar amount, asset, or percentage of your estate or trust to RHS.
- Consider various assets for your charitable gifts such as stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, vehicles, art, and jewelry. These gifts may even provide tax savings.
- Designate RHS as the beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA, or life insurance policy.
- Remember your loved ones through memorial gifts.
- Consider establishing a life income gift that will provide current income to you and/or a loved one, while providing significant tax benefits.
Ask your financial advisor to assist you with the best-planned gift for your financial position. Encourage your family members and friends to join The Crown Society.
Leave a Legacy to your Alma Mater (PDF below):
Gifts-in-Kind: Businesses and individuals can donate materials and services to benefit the school.
Reunion Gifts: If your class is hosting a reunion, please consider a gift to Regina High School in your plans.
Employer Matching Gifts: As many companies have come to recognize the value of philanthropy, they have agreed to match or multiply donations made to Regina High School by their employees. Those who wish to enhance the value of their gift significantly are encouraged to contact the personnel office of their employer about matching-gift opportunities.
Gifts of Personal Property: Contributions of tangible personal property--including rare books, works of art, and antiques--may provide immediate tax advantages.
The Advancement Office is pleased to meet with you or you and your financial advisor to discuss giving opportunities.